Sunday, October 5, 2008

Autism's False Prophets


We recently received a copy of Autism's False Prophets by Dr. Paul Offit which is currently the subject of the Science Blogs Book Club.

Also, here's The Perky Skeptic's take on it (with rant).

There's not much I can say that the two links above won't cover but I want to get another plug out there for it. Dr. Offit knows what he's talking about with regards to vaccines and I believe him over people like, say, Jenny McCarthy and Jim Carey. The man is a vaccine expert. Check his credentials.

Oh, and all the profits from the sale of this book are being donated to autism research.

I implore you not to be taken in by the anti-vaccination crowd. I am not in the pocket of 'Big Pharm' (neither is Dr. Offit). I am the father of an autistic child, I am able to think for myself, and I have seen the evidence that autism is not caused by the MMR vaccine. The evidence is out there. Not just in Autism's False Prophets but on many of the blogs in my blogroll. Especially, Respectful Insolence and A Photon in the Darkness.

Here's a short promo for the book followed by two more YouTube links; parts 1 & 2 of an interview with Dr. Offit on Science Friday.



Science Friday Interview Part 1

Science Friday Interview Part 2


. .

No comments: