Sunday, September 27, 2009

Homologous Links

I didn't think Religulous added anything substantial to the overall discussion about religion. I also thought it was a crappy movie. So, to hear that the Atheist Alliance International gave Bill Mahar the Richard Dawkins Award annoys me. Then I find out that the award is usually given to someone who “advocates increased scientific knowledge” and I'm actually pissed off. Dr. Gorski's article from Science Based Medicine does a better job of laying out the arguments than I can. Check it out.

Another column worth checking out regularly is Amelie Gilette's The Hater. This time she's skewering ads for Blessed Oil. These ads have been banned in the UK because they could "discourage seriously ill people from getting medical treatment". Go, UK!

No comments: